Thursday, October 15, 2009

#115) LES ROHR

Les Rohr was selected by the New York Mets in the first round (second overall pick) of the inaugural free agent draft on June 8, 1965. He made his major league debut with the Mets on September 19, 1967. That year he earned a 2-1 record with a fine 2.12 ERA in three starts. Les was with New York for two games of the 1968 season and a single game during the magical 1969 Miracle Mets season. It would prove to be the last of his major league career. Rohr's contract was sold to the Milwaukee Brewers in October of 1970. He would not pitch for them after having to undergo spinal fusion surgery.

"I'm very proud of what I did, the talent I had,"
Rohr was quoted. "I wish I hadn't got hurt."

Les Rohr signed his card in the set from an autograph request sent to his home on April 17, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment