Tuesday, October 13, 2009

#532) BRIAN McRAE

Brian McRae was traded by the Chicago Cubs with Mel Rojas and Turk Wendell to the New York Mets for Mark Clark, Manny Alexander, and Lance Johnson on August 8, 1997. During the 1998 season McRae led the Mets team in doubles, triples and stolen bases. He was later traded from the Mets with Thomas Johnson (minor leaguer) and Rigo Beltran to the Colorado Rockies for Darryl Hamilton and Chuck McElroy on July 31, 1999.

Brian had studied broadcast journalism in college and put it to use after retiring from the game. Successfully working with MLB.com radio and ESPN's "Baseball Tonight" for several years. McRae became a part owner of WHB 810 AM, a sports talk format station.

Brian McRae signed his card in the set through his baseball program the KC Sluggers on October 13, 2009. The great Albert Pujols is just one of the many distinguished alumni of his program.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    I love the project....I thought I was the only one undertaking a project of this magnitude.
    I would love to compare notes and hopefully help each other out with ttm addresses', if you wish.
    Here is a link to my sight of where I stand as of today 10/14. I have a master excel spreadsheet with all of the information that I have collected.
    Feel free to contact me at Boss923@aol.com
    Here is the link to my sight...
    http://metsautographcollection.webs.com/

    Good luck!
    Ritchie Santos
    Brooklyn NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ritchie, I sent you an email. -Lee

    ReplyDelete