Monday, October 5, 2009

#727) CHAD BRADFORD

The New York Mets signed Chad Bradford as a free agent on December 27, 2005. The submarining reliever was brought in to provide a different look from the bullpen. "New York is a great situation for me," Bradford said. "I worked with Rick Peterson in Oakland and I know what he can do. With all the offseason additions, I'm sure the Mets will be contending for a playoff spot, and I want to do all I can to help."

"You always hear that when hitters are in a groove, they say that they're seeing the ball well, but Chad makes it so they can't." explained Peterson in reference to Bradford's unorthodox delivery.

Chad finished the year with a 4-2 record, two saves, and a 2.90 ERA as part of the National League's best bullpen. Bradford continued his strong pitching in the postseason. The righthander made seven appearances and did not surrender a run in those 6-2/3 innings of work. He became a free agent and was offered a multi year deal with the Baltimore Orioles on November 28, 2006.

Chad Bradford returned this signed card today from a request mailed to the Tampa Bay Rays team address. (October 5, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment