Wednesday, November 25, 2009

#477) KEVIN LOMON

Kevin Lomon was selected from the Atlanta Braves by the New York Mets in 1994 Rule V Draft. The right-handed relief pitcher made his major league debut in a Mets uniform on April 27, 1994 at Coors Field facing the Colorado Rockies. "I wasn't really nervous, but my adrenaline was flowing," said Lomon, "There I was for the first time in my life, doing what I always wanted to do. It was pretty much as big as I could have imagined."

He would make a total of six appearances posting a 0-1 record with a 6.75 ERA in 9.1 innings. It was determined that he was going to be removed from the active 25 man roster. According to the draft rules he was required to be offered back to Atlanta. Kevin was returned to the Braves on May 30, 1995.

Kevin Lomon signed his card in the set from an autograph request sent to his home on February 20, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment